Tuesday 2 December 2014

Touching Us - Ode to Salvador Dali

By Debbie

Touching Us
Clamped Brushes, perceptive eerie insight, let us think
Moving us forward visual rushes, oblivion or correction do we love

Feeding Us a purpose or a pleasure, or a sin
A world that knows no boundaries calls us in
Mocking us delinquent and retarded, we'll be reminded of the things we'll never see

Coaxing Us, keep us happy for we may be the ones to make you heard
When your canvasses are faded and your name is just a distant word, a genius of bygone days
Did you realize what you had, or did you just feel different?
Maybe lonely, maybe mad,

I wish that I had met you although our worlds were miles apart
But I think we could have been good friends, your paintings touched my heart
I read you were a lunatic, a lost and troubled soul
I pray you didn't suffer in this way

You were a special person who has earned a special role
And your art will live on forever and a day

P.S.

I look forward to meeting you in heaven and I'll introduce you to my Granddad, who is also very special xx

Deb, A huge fan


No comments:

Post a Comment